Sunday, November 22, 2009

you just never know what the weekend will bring...for this mommy it was pink eye

It has been an interesting weekend...

Dalton and mommy started it off right by heading to Krispy Kreme for donuts on Friday morning!  Dalton had seen an episode of Curious George when he ends up with LOTS and LOTS of donuts and wanted one...this was Thursday morning before MDO.  So I told him that Friday morning we would go so we did...he doesn't forget much that we promise him these days:)  He has only been once before and he's not really a BIG fan of them...but it's more about the experience!  However he did try strawberry milk for the first time and really liked it...he actually drank more strawberry milk than he did chocolate covered donut with sprinkles.  And that's okay with me:)  After breakfast if you can call that breakfast we headed across the street to Pet Smart to check out the pets of course!  Of course they only have gerbils, guinea pigs (he thinks they are all named Lenny...his cartoon friend on the Wonder Pets), fish, birds and of course the many dogs on leashes with their owners wandering the store!  Dalton thought they were pretty cool...he kept asking if he could get a pet...UGH!  The day is coming and he deserves one...just not sure when his mommy and daddy will be ready for one!  We also made a stop at Michael's craft store and picked up some cute wind up toys to keep him entertained when we are out and about...we got to test them out later that evening!  When Dalton got up from his nap we decided to go ahead and take him to the doctor since his nose and cough weren't getting any better and daddy wasn't feeling any better either so off we went!  And of course there was a little bit of a wait and someone in the family isn't really fond of waiting these days...imagine who!  Luckily this mommy came prepared with snacks, colors, books and yes the wind up toys from earlier in the day...they were quite a hit!  Mommy's have to keep their little bag of tricks FULL or else a melt down is inevitable...his or mine!

Saturday was pretty uneventfull if I remember correctly and we just hung out around the house!  Mommy did escape for some afternoon shopping with Grandma Bev when Dalton and daddy went down for their naps...Kohl's cash that was needing to be spent! 

And then...I wake up Sunday morning with my eye crusted shut...and I have had pink eye before so...I knew exactly what this was and so I SCREAM...SCREAM...SCREAM!  So mommy headed to the doctor this afternoon where I probably picked up the pink eye because there was a little girl in the waiting room Friday night who had an eye infection of some sort...FANTASTIC!  Went to the pharmacy got my prescription filled bought all new make-up since mine is all contaminated...pricey!  And for all of those friends of mine who have teased me about always having my make-up on, etc. this is your chance to see the real me...no contacts or make-up for 5 days...I hope I survive!  Just what I needed the week of Thanksgiving...gobble gobble!

And one more thing...I can't remember which night daddy pulled his old guitar out for Dalton but HE LOVES LOVES LOVES it!  Ever since he played his cousins Guitar Hero he has wanted a guitar...he keeps telling daddy thank you for the guitar!  He strums, bangs whatever on it as soon as he gets up in the morning...it is SOOOOO cute because he has started making up songs about his school and so he sings them along while he is playing!  I have tried to video it several times and got busted every stinking time...I hope he gets over this phase soon of not wanting to have his sweet face in pictures or on video!  And last night he wanted to use the cord from his monitor to plug in his guitar...I am not sure where he got this at!  The only thing I can think of is that he saw our Godson Kaden plugging in his guitars when we visited them back in August...who knows but it was pretty smart on his part!

Daddy and Dalton just grinning...maybe he will grow up to be a rock star like he says he will!?!?!?





2 comments:

  1. Not laughing at the pink eye, but I need a pic of you au natural!!
    I am laughing about Krispy Kreme. Carter would pick out the coolest looking donut and barely touch it, but he loved his chocolate milk. I don't know if he's ever had strawberry, we'll have to try that one out!
    Have a good Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny...I mentioned the au natural for you and Katie! You both give me a hard time about always having make up on! We will have to see about a picture...and Happy Turkey Day to you all too! How nice not to have to do any dishes since you will be at the restaurant:)

    ReplyDelete