The last week or so I have been SO TIRED and I have finally figured out what it is...Dalton is testing my patience more than ever! You would think having him in Mother's Day Out twice per week would give me a break and I would be all rested up and have even more patience for his little tantrums but that doesn't seem to be the case! I am not sure if it's his age or the exposure to other kids in his MDO that perhaps aren't as sweet and disciplined that have caused the rise in tantrums and his lack of patience for me and his daddy! I feel like I find myself putting him in time out more than I would like to mainly for not listening and doing what we ask him to do...it works at the time but is it helping the problem in the long run...not really because we have the same power struggles later that day! UGH! I am at a loss so if you read my blog and have any suggestions for discipline that works for 2.5 year olds I am all ears!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I find that I am feeling the same way myself, lately!! My 2.5 year old is driving me to gray hair! I wish I knew what to do with the attitudes myself........I guess do what we've been doing and wait for the phase to end?!
ReplyDeleteVanessa
sorry, it's just his age. He's learning how to do more for himself, testing his limits, and finding his boudaries. Plus, yes, there might be some other kid at MDO that acts up, but really, it seems pretty normal :)
ReplyDeleteI know I know I know...I should be worried if he's not testing his boundaries, etc. So I guess I will just keep praying for patience:)
ReplyDeleteYou should beat him and then lock him in his room for hours while you eat oreos on the couch while wearing ear muffs to muffle the screaming!! Thats what I do! HA HA!! Just kiddin' don't call DHS. Maddy and I have days like this more times than not! Worth it though when they melt your heart with a REALLY Great Day...right!
ReplyDelete