Well, our Halloween fun started on Thursday with a Halloween Party at Dalton's MDO program! It was lots of fun with a quick craft and lots of snacks! There are NO PICTURES...yes I am sad because for whatever reason my camera was not cooperating! But it allowed me to just hang out with Dalton and not worry about getting pictures...he is really liking MDO and gave both of his teachers hugs on the way out! Later that evening we headed to the school where Daddy teaches and participated in their dorm trick or treating...this is our third year to go! Dalton is not real sure about it because of all the attention that the well intended female students give him and all of the other cute kidos! And of course being Bob the Builder this year everyone knew who he was adults and kids alike and almost everyone commented on it and he just doesn't really like all the attention! But we stayed for a little while and had a fun time while we were there!
Daddy and Dalton off to get some treats! I think he only actually said trick or treat once or twice!
Big smile...I am still in shock that he let me take a picture!
Dalton really likes Daddy's school and all of the sidewalks and big open spaces he can run around on!
Mommy decided to have Dalton help her carve a pumpkin...daddy took pictures! Earlier he told mommy that he has only carved one pumpkin that he can remember and that he wasn't all the impressed with it...WHAT! I can't believe it...but I can believe he was totally impressed with my pumpkin carving skills...not really! Ours was S I M P L E this year but I did catch a pumpkin carving kit with the cool little knives for next year...makes cutting out shapes soooo much easier! I let Dalton pick what shapes he wanted for the eyes and nose and then asked him if he wanted a sad or happy pumpkin...luckily he said HAPPY:)
New family tradition...carving pumpkin on Halloween!
Dalton is checking out the GOO but not really impressed with the goo or the smell of the pumpkin like I thought he might be! So guess who go to do all of the cleaning out of the yucky pumpkin goo...that's right mommy did!
The finished pumpkin...so proud!
After Dalton's nap we headed to my parents house where we met up with my sister and her family as well as my brother and his family! We exchanged halloween treats between the cousins and tried...may I emphasize TRIED to get some pictures of the cousins together! Someone wasn't cooperating...hmmmm wonder who that was! My sister and her family left shortly after pictures because they had other plans but my brother and his family stuck around with us and our parents for a YUMMY dinner, some play time outside because the weather was amazing, some trick or treating and of course we live in Oklahoma so football watching!
The cousins reading Dalton the cute Halloween book they got him!
Dalton not sure about their costumes...and of course he has already taken off his tool belt and construction hat.
Just another day...Halloween was no big deal to this little guy...he's just as happy mowing the sidewalk!
Just thought it was a cute one!
The best picture I got of the 4 of them...from left to right Wednesday from the Adams Family, an octupus and a witch minus her hat! And of course lawn mowing guy/Bob the Builder standing uncooperatively by in the background!
When we got home Dalton wanted to go trick or treating at the neighbors so off we went...all of the sudden it was the cool thing to do! We are lucky to live in a neighborhood where we know a lot of the neighbors it makes nights like tonight even more fun!
Dalton finally saying trick or treat for Sharon...I hope he did anyway! Or that he atleast said thank you! He was sooo funny...Sharon's little boy Jonas has a room right off the doorway and Dalton spotted his toys and he was about done trick or treating he wanted to play with all of the cool toys!
My last attempt to get a picture of him in his costume and this is what I get...NOOOOOOOO and a big old fit...it made him so mad that I wanted to take his picture and even more mad when he saw the flash go off and he knew that I got one! Silly boy:)
Dalton and the pumpkins...one carved and one with Mr. Potato head pieces...they worked great! He was happy to let me take this one...because it wasn't showing his face...ha ha!
We had a great Halloween but glad we can move on to less spooky holidays! Between having the fire fighters visit his school and get dressed up in their gear and talk about fire and smoke and houses on fire and all of the talk about ghosts and goblins...Dalton had a little extra anxiety this month! As he keeps telling me over and over again how he's not scared and that ghosts are pretend! Bless his heart not the best time for his imagingation to be taking off like it is! Oh and one more thing...wish us luck on the Halloween candy rule that he only picks out one piece per day! And of course that rule applies to mommy and daddy too...ha ha hee hee ho ho! NOT REALLY!



Wish we were there to trick or treat with you guys! Our boys looked so sweet last year :) I showed these pics to Carter and asked him what Dalton dressed up as--without hesitation "Bob the Builder!"
ReplyDeleteso cute love the pictures!
ReplyDelete