This past week or so Dalton has R E A L L Y been testing this mommas parenting skills as well as patience! I am not a spanker but there were times this past week when I wanted to too...which is the exact reason that I didn't! I am finding that I need the time out sometimes more than he does...UGH did I really just admit that...don't tell Dalton! He has always been really good about following the rules we have set out for him and responding to time outs appropriately...well N O T S O M U C H anymore! Just a lot of "NO!" and swatting at me especially when I tell him "NO"! We give him warnings and then when he chooses to not take those into consideration and gets disciplined he throws a B I G O L D F I T! And he's not afraid to tell you that he had a big old fit if he did...one evening his Grandma Beverly asked him what he did today and that's what he told her "he had a big fit"! That was on Tuesday after MDO and then on Wednesday when we had a playdate at our house this momma had to ask her guests to leave because Dalton spent so much time in time out and screaming like a toddler that I wasn't familiar with! UGH! That was not fun and I am SO GLAD that our playdate friends were understanding! I even spoke with his MDO teachers who say that he has been fine in class no change...thank goodness for that! And that he takes great naps for them too...which he has been trying to give up at home!
I think that we may be needing to do some adjusting...he was getting enough total sleep at night for his age but I don't think his little body is ready to go ALL DAY without a break! So we are back to trying to wake up earlier and take a short nap during the early afternoon which will hopefully equal a much happier Dalton Thomas...wish us luck!
Oh and on a positive note...Dalton who normally refuses all veggies has eaten a couple of raw carrot slices and raw cucumber slices! He sure knows how to keep us guessing!



No comments:
Post a Comment