Dalton has been VERY INTERESTED in monster trucks for quite some time now! It all started when Daddy (who LOVES the library) found this great DVD about monster trucks...Dalton was hooked and then he wanted to buy monster trucks when we would see them at the store, etc...he has quite a collection! I remember my dad and my younger brother going to a monster truck jam when he was little and that was a LONG time ago...I had no idea they were still such a BIG deal! Apparently, I have a lot to learn as a mother of a boy...I guess I have some checking out to do at the library as well...books about what every mother needs to know about raising BOYS!
Anyway about a month ago one of the houses across from us rented out to some just out of college guys who have quite a few toys in their garage. Some of which are BIG 4-wheelers and every once in awhile they take them out for a spin...well Dalton thinks they are monster trucks! And since he has never really seen a "REAL" monster truck it kind of makes sense...they have BIG tires and the frame of the 4-wheeler sits up high off the tires! Who knows...but he does think they are monster trucks and every time we go for a walk that was all he talked about. A couple of evenings ago the guys were out in their garage and Dalton and I stopped and introduced ourselves and talked to them about Dalton's fascination with their "monster trucks' a.k.a. 4-wheelers! They offered to let him sit on them and said he was welcome anytime...but of course he didn't have a lot to say once we got there and there was no way he was going to sit on that 4-wheeler! The guys were really nice and Dalton looks forward to showing him his new "MONSTER TRUCK"!
Mommy and Daddy got Dalton a new riding toy today...he loves his Tonka Truck one but it is getting way to small for him...this one is supposed to be for ages 2-5! We shall see:) It is a 4-wheeler that he scoots along in but guess what he thinks it is...you're right "Dalton ride a monster truck!" He wanted to park it by his bed...luckily we talked him out of that one...I think he rode on that toy for 30 minutes or more! I sure hope the new doesn't wear off anytime soon!
Safety first...Daddy helping Dalton with his helmet! At first he didn't want to put it on and then he left it on for over an hour even during dinner!
Dalton looking cute on his new monster truck!



No comments:
Post a Comment