He is quite the multitasking kido these days...cowboy (overalls), doctor (stethoscope) and mechanic! The Tonka truck usually gets a tune up once or twice a day! Now how does this drill work again?!?!?
Stuff that makes me love being Dalton's mommy even more!
For the last couple of months Dalton has been asking for family hugs...that means all 3 of us! He is not always crazy about daddy giving mommy a hug without him:) 3 years old
Tonight as I am trying to get Dalton to go to bed he looks up at me and says..."mommy do you want me to sing you a special song?" and so I say sure and he begins to sing his prayer from school...SO SWEET it brought a tear to my eye to hear him singing about the Lord! Of course then I remembered he was also procrastinating and not wanting to go to bed...kind of ruined the moment but still pretty darn sweet! 2 years 10 months
Dalton talks a lot about how he is growing bigger and bigger everyday and he is! This mommy wants him to stay 2.5 and oh so sweet forever! 2.5 years old
Dalton has started saying "I Love You Too"...kind of sweet...but tonite melted my heart! Every night when I leave his room and close the door I say "I Love You Dalton Thomas" and tonite he said "I love you too Momma"! This mommy loves her little boy! 27 months old
Today at church we tried AGAIN to put Dalton in "Toddle Time"...he was okay at first and then the crying began! Daddy and Mommy were just down the hall and we could hear it all...and then the nice lady who was holding him brought him out to us! He was distraugh to say the least "MOMMA HOLD YOU!" he kept saying over and over. We told him that we were glad that he tried to go to "Toddle Time" and then he kept saying "I try again" So we said yes next Sunday we will try again and again and again! 25 months old
Tonight before Dalton went to bed we (Daddy, Mommy and Dalton) were watching The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland...in the movie Elmo loses his blanket and is trying to get it back and he has to go through quite a few challenges! And then Dalton said "pray for Elmo blanket" so we said a short prayer to ask for God to help Elmo get his blanket back and then Dalton kept asking to pray for Elmo again and again...it was pretty sweet! 24 months old
Everyday he learns something new...a couple of weeks ago at church Dalton and I were walking around and we came up on the water fountain. He saw the stool that they had put out for the little ones to use to reach it and it instantly reminded him of his stool at home that he uses to reach the sink and wash his hands so...he kept saying "wash hands"! I was trying to explain to him that it was a water fountain but I am not sure if he ever believed me! Hopefully he learned something new and when he starts MDO he doesn't go up to the water fountain and try to wash his hands:))) 24 months old
When Dalton wakes up in the morning I can hear him on the monitor and he usually says "mommy where are you?"! 2 years
Okay I thought of two more..."UUMM Good" that is what he says after he eats play doh or a crayon! And when I ask him where something is i.e. where is your cup Dalton will ask "cup where are you?"! Pretty cute if you ask me! He seems to really be talking more and more...I can't wait to hear all he has to say...as long as he is using his "inside" voice! HA HA:) 23 months
Dalton quotes..."ready set go", "Hi Daddy", "Prize (surprise) me", "sorry Charlie", "I saw trains", when he sees or hears a dog he will usually ask "bone?" (when we go to my parents house they always give their pug a bone to distract her so she doesn't jump all over us...Santa brough Dalton a bone for his stuffed dogs and he loves it) and he likes to tell you all of the things that are his..."Dalton's cup" or "Dalton's chair"! I am sure there are more but that's all I can think of for now! 23 months
Tonight I was playing around with the microphone that Dalton got for Christmas and started singing Twinkle Twinkle...you know the rest! And then Dalton started in...melted both mommy and daddy's heart! He has never sang a song before and he thinks hearing his voice in that microphone is SO FUNNY...but he was very serious when he was singing! 22 months old
Now when he gets hurt he asks for kisses to make it feel better...so sweet and it actually seems to make him feel better! 22 months old
Today was Dalton's first day to see Santa Claus...we have been looking at books about Santa and practicing saying HO HO HO, etc. So today we were at the mall and we stopped to say "hi" to Santa. Dalton wanted out of his stroller and then he just stood there holding on to me while Santa so patiently waved at him (SO SWEET) and finally Dalton said "Claus?!?" and waved back and said "hi"! The magic of Christmas has begun for Dalton...and mommy too!
The way he USUALLY prays at meal time and says AMEN...even if he isn't that interested in listening to the prayer he always makes sure to get the AMEN in at the end! And how if we forget to pray or we are out to eat he will often remind us and ask "pray?" And I am SO GLAD that he is picking up some of our good habits and not all of the bad ones:)
The way he loves my dad and always asks about Pa...yesterday he asked so much that we finally went and saw him at work and ate lunch with him. Dalton loves his Pa and so do I!
At night when we ask Dalton who he wants to read him stories...lately he always points to me and says mama!
When he reaches out and asks to hold my hand!
When he signs "thank you" to other people without me asking him too!
Funnny Stuff That Dalton Says & Does
Yesterday mommy showed Dalton a mushroom that had grown in our flower bed because it has been raining for days...and then this morning we walked outside and said look mommy there are marshmallows in the yard and he had to go and tell Daddy all about it and have him come look at the marshmallows aka mushrooms too! 3 years old
Tonight we were reading a board book about Noah's Arc...they talked about Noah at church today so we picked up a book at the church library about him! After we read the story Dalton wanted to show me his Noah from his class school picture...he said he didn't have a big mustache like the Noah in the book! 3 years 2 months
As Dalton was going to bed the night before Easter he let me know that he hoped that the Easter bunny brought him a pogo (not sure about the spelling) stick! And that I should call and remind him...luckily he was happy with all of the other candy and toys the Easter bunny left him this year! A couple of weeks after Christmas Dalton told me that Santa forgot to bring him his 4-wheeler and that we should call him and remind him! Uhm...no we will just have to put it back on the list for next year! 3 years old
Yesterday mommy and Dalton were in the car with his one year old cousin and he suddenly said, "mommy all of Melanie's teeth fell out!" I had to explain to him that they had to come in before they could fall out! He was relieved! 3 years old
The past couple of nights and one morning when Dalton heard the heat come on he starts shouting "Thanks for the air!" almost 3 years old
Last week I took Dalton shopping at Crest with me and he rode in the car that is attached to the shopping cart for the first time...BIG HIT! I am sure lots of germs...but still BIG HIT and made shopping a breeze! But the funny thing was he kept saying it was a garbage truck because it had two steering wheels like a garbage truck...smart little guy! Oh and we also had to keep stopping to check the wheels and the engine to make sure they were good! almost 3 years old
Last night when I went to check on Dalton after I put him to bed and he was half asleep and said that he wasn't asleep he was just dreaming so I asked what he was dreaming about and he said "barbies"...he has been watching Toy Story 2 lately and there is a scene or two with barbies and he will often request for his Grandma Beverly to get his cousins barbies out to play with! This morning when he got up he informed me he also dreamed about dump trucks, pigs and a farm! He has never talked about dreams before! almost 3 years old
The other day Dalton and daddy drove by John Deere Mule sitting outside a store and daddy pointed it out to Dalton and Dalton says..."I love Mules" and then shortly thereafter he asks daddy "daddy what's a mule"! Lately everything is his "favorite" or he "loves it"! 2 years 10 months
When Dalton doesn't want to share something he will tell the person he doesn't want to share with that the toy or whatever is "dangerous" and it's just for big boys! 2 years 10 months
Instead of asking the typical "why" question Dalton seems to always ask "what happend" even when he knows what happend! So we end up playing the "you tell me what just happend game" A LOT! 2.5 years old
Dalton's imagination has taken off...lot's of pretend play! Today mommy's car was the "fly boat" and Dalton was Tuck the turtle and I got to be Lenny the guinea pig...all from the Wonder Pets...he really likes that show! 2.5 years old
The other day Dalton started to bite me and that doesn't happen very often at all so I wanted to stop that action ASAP so...I asked him what happens when we bite and he said "Dalton get a whipin (not sure about the spelling but he meant spanking)! I was trying so hard not to laugh and then I said "We don't get whipins at our house we go to timeout"! I absolutely have NO IDEA where he heard that but it sure sounded funny coming from his mouth! 2.5 years old
When I ask Dalton if something he is eating is good he will say "It's yummy and tasty too" not realy sure where he learned that! 2.5 years old
When you ask Dalton if his name is Dalton he will often say "No...I am a big boy"! 29 months old
This evening our weather radio kept going off and Dalton kept saying "answer telephone!". I think he was getting as annoyed with it going off as we were! 25 months old
When we got home from our trip to see Great Grandma last night (Daddy didn't go) I asked Dalton if he missed Daddy and he said "missed toys"! What a typical 2-year old...he played and played with his toys when he got home he must have REALLY MISSED them! 24 months old
Tonight Dalton asked for "bread with butter" which has been one of his favorites for a couple of months...I usually cut the bread into 4 triangles and tonight Dalton asked me for "bread with butter cut triangles"...I can't believe how smart he is getting!
I think Dalton needs a break from mommy...or maybe he is just growing fonder of his Grandma "B" because when we go see her or she comes to our house he says "mama bye-bye" and points for me to go away! Maybe we are ready for MDO after all:) 24 months old
Lately when you ask Dalton a question he will say "yeah sure"...not sure where he picked that up...but it sounds funny coming from him. 24 months
He has been doing this for a while now...but I just remembered to write it down. When we are trying to discipline him...which isn't very often! He will either say "Hi!" or "Pa?"...totally trying to change the subject! He is definitely a little stinker:) 23 months old
A couple of days ago Dalton and I were goofing around and I jumped out and startled him pretty good...you know when they get that look on their face that tells you that you have gone to far and they are scared. Well, when that happend I just simply said "WOW, did Mommy surprise you?" and he said "Yes!"...well ever since then he likes to surprise people too! So now he is walking up to us and saying "prize me" or "prize you" and then running away...he thinks it's VERY funny! And of course we do too! 23 months old
Today Dalton kept going to the door and saying "friends"! He finally settled for calling a few "friends" instead! We talked to Uncle Todd, Cousin Madison, Cousin Emily, Grandma & Pa and left a message for his friend Maddy! I hope her Daddy is okay with having boys call the house for her?!?! 22 months old
He loves to play Ring Around The Rosie...he calls it "round and round"! It is especially funny to watch when it is my mom and dad that he has talked into playing with him! 22 months old
After watching the Elmo DVD about Families, Mail and bath time more times than I can count. Dalton is very much into "mail" and everything that goes with it...paper, envelopes, writing on paper, putting paper in envelopes, handing it out to people, etc. And of course he loves to open and close the real mail box, too! 22 months old
When Dalton sees us (his mommy and daddy) hugging he will say "HUG!" and want to get or give a hug too!
My sister gave Dalton the book ALEX ALLIGATOR and His Fearsome Jaws. It is A SNAPPY FUN BOOK and in the story Alex's jaws go snap snap and now Dalton walks around going snap snap and making the motion with his little fingers...SO CUTE. You probably have to read the book and see him do it to appreciate it! Just didn't want to forget that funny:)
Tonite when we went trick or treating at OC instead of saying "Trick or Treat" Dalton would say "Bye Bye"! He wasn't quite sure about all the people but he did great and no tears were shed!
When he sees my polka dot PJ's he points to them and says BALLS...I am trying to teach him that they are polka dots!
No comments:
Post a Comment