Friday, May 22, 2009

touch a truck

Touch A Truck is an amazing event put on by a local MOMS Club! And it is an opportunity for kids of all ages to explore tons of different kinds of trucks (get in, walk around, honk the horn, ask questions, etc.) And being an event planner working for the Muscular Dystrophy Association for many years before becoming a SAHM I have to say I wish I would have thought of this one! We were always looking for a kids event to add on to an already amazing car show and this would have been perfect! Anyhoo...this was Dalton's second year to go thanks to our neighbor Carrie (who was a member of this MOMS Club) who told us about it last year! Sadly, Carrie and her little guys didn't get to go this year because they moved to another state earlier in the week...BUMMER! We miss them already:(
Like most little boys Dalton is in LOVE with all trucks and can name almost all of them! He may not know his ABC's when he starts Pre School but he will be able to identify all of the construction trucks and almost every car or truck you can think of! And I just knew that he would LOVE LOVE LOVE Touch A Truck this year...wrong! According to his Daddy Dalton got on the tractor a FedEx truck and then he started hearing all of the loud sirens, honks, etc. and he got a bit nervous. Apparently, he still wanted to walk around but didn't want to get to close to any of the trucks and he definitely didn't want to explore them like I had hoped he would...oh well there's always next year! Daddy said that Dalton's little palms were even a little bit sweaty...he never cried but Daddy said you could tell he was trying really hard to be brave...bless his little heart!
Dalton on the tractor with Pa standing by! We have turned this into an annual event with Daddy, Pa and Dalton...Pa's birthday is always the same weekend so it's part of his birthday celebration! Pa LOVES cars and trucks too!

2 comments:

  1. Carrie gets more shout outs than we do and I have to say I am a bit jealous... :)

    ReplyDelete