Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas Dalton!

I know that Dalton doesn't really understand Christmas...but we sure had fun trying to help him this year! It is so fun to be experiencing all of these things for the first time with him. He has really enjoyed reading about Santa, going to visit Santa, talking about baby Jesus and playing the nativity scene...it's hard to believe that this time last year he was just learning how to crawl and now look at him. He is running, jumping, coloring, talking, hugging, kissing, he knows some of his colors, and likes to try to count, calling his friends and family by their names, his vocabulary is well over 100 words (I know some of you may be thinking that there is no way because when you see him he barely says a word...he is our shy little guy but just give him some time to warm up and he will talk your ear off). He loves trucks, Elmo, trains, firefighters, dogs and I think his mom and dad, too!
Anyhoo...back to Christmas...as most of you know Dalton is really in to crayons right now...so we are SO GLAD that Santa brought the Easel loaded with a BIG pad of paper, new colors, marker, paint, brushes, smock, chalk, etc. Dalton has not actually used the paint yet...so far he is having fun just pretending! He LOVES the art easel and keeps himself VERY busy with his drawings...he talks about drawing Elmo and Mookie (Cookie Monster)!
Great smile...and one of the only pics I got of Dalton looking at the camera this Christmas...way to busy to stop and say cheese...he will say cheese but he just keeps doing whatever it is he is doing...little stinker!

Santa left a train conductor hat and train whistle in his stocking...he can actually make it blow and he just LOVES it and says CHOO CHOO! Today on the way to pick up dinner Dalton and I got caught by a train...he was thrilled. We were about 3 cars from the railroad crossing so I rolled down the window so he could get the full effect...and he talked about it the whole way home:)


Dalton is finally figuring out that this unwrapping gifts stuff is fun!


Working hard unwrapping another gift!
After a long morning of unwrapping gifts we packed up and headed to my parents house for a traditional turkey & dressing lunch! We were joined by my sister, brother-in-law, two nieces, my aunt, uncle, their son and his two girls! And after a few more gifts were opened we packed up and headed home for Dalton to get in his nap!
Presents Under the Tree for Dalton
Elmo Live Doll...pretty neat...I got some good video I will post later.
Art Easel loaded with art stuff...already talked about that.
Tool Set...so funny that he took the tools and went straight to his Tonka truck to fix it.
Tonka Race Car Set...very easy for him to manipulate on his own...good sound effects.
Elmo Lap Top Computer...a little over his head but he likes to push the buttons.
Conductor Hat & Train Whistle...you can tell by the pictures that these were a hit.
Board Book About Colors...can never have to many books!






2 comments:

  1. You guys have been so busy! My computer has been down for over a week, so I had some catching up to do.
    Glad you guys had a fun Christmas, and I love it that Dalton is climbing. Fun!! He is such a cute little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look way to good for that to be early in the morning! Great pics..... isn't Christmas with little ones great!

    ReplyDelete