Today I want to share with you a blog that I have been following since Easter. It was shared with me through a sorority sister when their oldest son Gavin was diagnosed with brain cancer. So I have come to know Stacie through her blog and I pray for her family everyday. I have shared the story of this family with many of you in the past. And now at Stacie's request...on her son Gavin's 4th birthday I ask you to pray for her family too. Their story is one of sadness and happiness and they are an amazing family of God who continue to believe in the miracles that he can and will perform in their lives. Even though their faith like all of ours has been and continues to be tested. Please take a moment if only for today and pray for these precious little boys and their parents:) Thank you!
The following is Stacie's latest blog entry.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
A Challenge of Fours
The fact that I can blog openly about my family and the faith I have in God regarding their care is taken for granted most of the time. So I wanted to give a shout out to all of those veterans that keep up with the Smith Family Scoop. Happy Veterans Day! Thank you for serving this great country! And thank you for caring enough to keep up with my boys. They may very well serve this country one day as well. Gavin and Garrett are doing well. The cold persists with both of them, but they both appear unbothered by it. Funny, adults just complain and complain with the slightest sniffle. Kids just want to feel well enough to play. Gavin went to cancer clinic today. Labwork showed that his ANC is sky high for being day 8 of this chemo cycle. That's likely due to the fact that he's fighting the cold. I'm just happy that his body is still able to respond well enough to increase white blood cells for cold fighting. Perhaps his ANC will tank in the next couple of days. In the meantime, we will enjoy the fact that there's a decent shot he will NOT spend his birthday in the hospital.Speaking of his birthday, I had an idea. As many of you know, Gavin turns FOUR tomorrow. In honor of his birthday, I challenge each of you to try to find FOUR new people to share Gavin's story with. Ask them to consider praying for Gavin every day at FOUR O'CLOCK. (The alarm clock function on cell phones serve as an excellent reminder, by the way!) Give them the blog address. The more the merrier when it comes to growing our prayer army for Gavin. We have definitely seen the power of intercessory prayer at work in Gavin's life. So many of you have told me that just knowing about Gavin has positively impacted your life. I would love to hear FOUR ways Gavin has done just this. Thanks for stopping by.Much love,Stacie
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I follow this blog too. A friend of mine went to college with her. I hope you all are doing well, Dalton is so sweet. And in his defense, Play Doh is good.
ReplyDelete