Sunday, August 8, 2010

soccer skills...we shall see

Lots going on here just not a lot of time to blog about it but this is one of  Dalton's "firsts" so I thought I should take some time before the moment is gone...aka...I forget to post these fun pics!

Two weeks ago we signed Dalton up to play soccer with the YMCA...we hope he gets the coach that we are friends with but if not we will just make some new friends:)  Dalton and mommy headed to the YMCA to sign up, pay registration fees, get our jerseys but not to play soccer...well all Dalton cares about is playing soccer!  He didn't throw a fit or anything when we left and he didn't get to play any soccer...we didn't even get to buy his jersey because they didn't have any yet.  But when daddy got home in a sad voice Dalton tells daddy how he didn't get to be on the team!  He is very much into this being on a team thing...pretty unusual for a three year old!  Well daddy comes out and is like what happened why doesn't he get to play and then I explain to daddy and Dalton what we did at the YMCA and how soccer doesn't start for like another 4-6 weeks or something...I am sure that my 3 year old totally gets it now...NoT reAlLy!  Then last week mommy got lucky and got some sweet deals on Nike soccer cleats and shin guards for the little guy...so cute!

Daddy didn't play soccer, mommy played maybe a season or two (wasn't any good), his uncle Kevin had some cool soccer skills...maybe Dalton will get lucky!  But skills or no skills the boy likes to run so this should be a great sport for him:) 
Check out those new shoes...he wore them around the house today and to go over to Grandma Beverly and Pa's house for a short visit!

He had to wear his "team" clothes!  He just had to have this shirt at Children's Place a couple of months ago because according to Dalton it's a team shirt and if he doesn't have one he's not on the team...I guess because it has a number on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment