Thursday, April 1, 2010

easter egg hunt at mdo

Today was the BIG easter egg hunt...Dalton was very excited and mommy and daddy were both able to be there for the big day!  Daddy actually beat mommy to mdo and was walking out of the building with a HUGE bucket full of plastic eggs when I walked up...he was quite a trooper and jumped right in and started helping!  And then a few more moms came out and helped hide a little over 100 eggs!  Dalton was very excited for daddy to be at his school and was sure to show him some of his favorite things on the playground and the classroom.  He had been wanting daddy to meet his new teacher Ms. Jeannette and today was the day he got to do so!

Just a sneak peak of the playground before the exciting egg hunt!

The teachers giving some instruction about the number of eggs each child was supposed to end up with...that magic # was 8!  I think Dalton ended up with 6 and I helped him find 1 and then a friend shared one of his extras...so nice!  Dalton is in the navy striped shirt...

Dalton and daddy on the hunt for plastic eggs with yummy treats inside!

Some of Dalton's friends gathering eggs...
Dalton showing me the egg with hershey's chocolate kisses in it...yummy!

After the easter egg hunt we headed to daddy's work because he has a snow cone machine at his work that he had been wanting Dalton to take advantage of!  Daddy fixed Dalton a nice RED snow cone that unfortunately got all over his cute gymboree khaki pants that I got for such a bargain at $6...after drenching them in stain removing junk and a nice long wash they looked exactly the same as they did when I put them in the washer...daddy was sorry and mommy was sad!  And of course Dalton just enjoyed his snow cone which is how it should be:) 
 This mommy is trying to not sweat the small stuff but sometimes I just do! 

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the pants that would have made me very upset too. I would have done the WT thing and made Maddy and Luke take their clothes off if they were wearing something nice....totally not the small stuff in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete