Today a funny thing happend...I asked my hubby Dalton's daddy what he had to get done today or something like that and he replied I would just like to relax! And the even funnier thing was that the thought of relaxing being an option had never crossed my mind. It was just funny becuase I am not sure that either one of us has really ever just realaxed since Dalton was born. And unfortunately today was definitely not a relaxing day for any of us...it was a fun day for mommy and Dalton but definitely not relaxing. And daddy spent his morning mowing with Dalton supervising, the afternoon doing his laundry and the evening playing outside with Dalton...I don't know if he would call that relaxing or not:)
Well, mommy started the day off with a sweet little voice in her ear saying is it time to get up yet and lucky for both of us the sun was up 7:15am! Now the night leading up to this morning not so fun...as a reward for filling his potty chart he got to have a slumber party with mommy! Dalton has always slept in his own bed since the day we brought him home from the hospital I just never wanted to start something that I may have to call the Super Nanny Jo Frost in to get my bed back...I guess I saw too many horror stories about co-sleeping before Dalton was born. Not judging if it works for you and your family great it just doesn't work for this momma who needs her sleep and doesn't need a foot in my back every hour or so at night! The exceptions are if he's sick or we are out of town and now as a reward. Bless his heart he gets so excited and tells everyone in town about it...his MDO teachers, our teenage neighbors, strangers on the street...and who knows who else! I am trying to find ways to reward him that don't cost cash...so this is one of them! But that kid is restless...he just turns and turns and turns some more until he is upside down in the bed and I am constantly putting him back on his pillow...silly kid...tired momma!
After rising and shining and finding out that relaxing is on daddy's list of things to do today...I politely ask him if he thinks it would be a good idea to mow and he politely agrees to do so! And Dalton gets so excited about it still...I think this is the third summer in a row that watching daddy mow is on the top of his list of favorite things to do. Last summer daddy had to take the mower into the lawn mower repair shop to fix a wheel and for the last month or so Dalton has been loading up his push mower into the trailer of his John Deere tractor and pretending to take it to the repair shop to get fixed...he has a great memory and a very active imagination...he has also been finding lots of baby bears (imaginary of course) around the neighborhood and his BIG brother has been around quite a bit lately and even got introduced to his mdo teachers at school! They are quite sweet to go along with our VERY active imagination!
Dalton and daddy racing...not really a fair race since daddy has a push mower and Dalton has a riding one...hopefully one day daddy will have a john deere riding lawn mower too!
That mowing and racing is hard work...this yard boy needed a popsicle!
After our gourmet grilled cheese lunch mommy and Dalton headed to the Edmond Book Festival! It had local authors, etc. and a college friend of mine Jennifer Griffin Johnston who has recently published a book titled The Feeling Bag happend to be one of them! Another one of her girlfriends Stefne Miller was there with her recently published book titled Salvaged too! And one of our favorite local childrens authors Tammi Sauer!
http://www.thefeelingbag.com/
http://www.stefnemiller.com/
http://www.tammisauer.com/
Tammi was kind enough to sign Dalton's new book Chicken Dance and let us take her picture...he has Cowboy Camp already and it's signed too! She has another one coming out in August about Monsters and we can't wait to read all about it!
Dalton sat in for a storytime with a local newsanchor and then we headed to Under the Sun to let Dalton pick out some plants to be in charge of and so mommy could get her spring planting fix...I am having withdrawls. We are having our front and back yards professionally (FINALLY...mommy has tried several times on her own to no avail) but we aren't on their calendar until mid-May...UGH! We should be getting a sketch of what's to come sometime next week. I hope I can wait that long...I must be strong and not purchase any flowers or plants:) We headed home to get some planting done and mommy and Dalton's idea of planting were apparently two different things!

What mommy had planned...I think he put one scoop of potting soil into each pot...I was hoping for a little more enthusiasm!
http://www.thefeelingbag.com/
http://www.stefnemiller.com/
http://www.tammisauer.com/
My friend and local author...it's really a great book and bag! Teaching kids and adults how to deal with their emotions in a positive way:) LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
Dalton with his "feeling bag"! He loves it and yes it is cotton candy pink and yes he was asked on more than one occasion if that was the color that he wanted and he chose pink everytime! Pink is the new blue right!?!?!? Just kidding whatever helps him and his mini tantrums not become BIG tantrums is great with this mommy! And he has his Buzz Lightyear jammies and the grey socks pulled up to his knees are his silver space boots...just in case you were wondering!
Jennifer & Stefne at their booths at the Edmond Book Festival! I have already read 4 chapters of Salvaged and can't wait to read some more...it is really a good read!Tammi was kind enough to sign Dalton's new book Chicken Dance and let us take her picture...he has Cowboy Camp already and it's signed too! She has another one coming out in August about Monsters and we can't wait to read all about it!
Dalton sat in for a storytime with a local newsanchor and then we headed to Under the Sun to let Dalton pick out some plants to be in charge of and so mommy could get her spring planting fix...I am having withdrawls. We are having our front and back yards professionally (FINALLY...mommy has tried several times on her own to no avail) but we aren't on their calendar until mid-May...UGH! We should be getting a sketch of what's to come sometime next week. I hope I can wait that long...I must be strong and not purchase any flowers or plants:) We headed home to get some planting done and mommy and Dalton's idea of planting were apparently two different things!
What mommy had planned...I think he put one scoop of potting soil into each pot...I was hoping for a little more enthusiasm!
Dalton's version of planting...dragging the hose out and putting as much water as he can into the pots until they overflow and then maybe a little more and then scoop out what I can and play in the potting soil with my hot wheels!
Messy messy fingers...but we were having fun and then we heard the ice cream truck...not a lot of time to get cleaned up!
And while in the backyard we hear a famous tune coming from one of Dalton's favorite motor vehicles...the ice cream truck...well it's actually a really beat up van with a somewhat scarey driver but the ice cream is pre-packaged so we should be okay...right!?!?!? Dalton usually gets the ice cream sandwich but today he tries the birthday ice cream sandwich instead it was YUMMY...of course I took a bite when he wasn't looking!
It's not everyday that two of Dalton's favorite trucks are in his street at the same time...cool huh!?!?!?
Dalton liked his new ice cream treat...
Taking a break in the shade...look at those still very messy fingers...told you we were in a hurry! It would have been a sad sad day if we had missed the ice cream truck!
After a short ice cream break Dalton was back scooting on his scooter, driving his tractor, loading up sand, feeding his farm animals all while mommy was able to sit in a chair and read some of her new book she got at the book festival earlier in the day...is mommy actually relaxing!?!? Well, I guess I was and before I knew it dinner time was here and daddy was so kind to suggest McDonald's...YIPPEE! No cooking No dishes No problem except that it's not the healthiest of choices but we ate it anyway and I wonder why I am the shape that I am!?!?!?
We also got to watch Dalton's youngest cousin for a short time this evening. They are fun to watch together because she wants to touch everything that Dalton does and at first he's pretty good about sharing his stuff and then he starts getting a little frustrated and she is just as happy as can be and doesn't really even notice that he is being grumpy! It is sweet to watch him interact with her even if he's being grumpy...tonight he was wanting her to check out his tatoos. I am sure that was on her list of things to do as a one year old...check out her three year old cousins tatoos he got at the book festival! And he also told her all about his "Feeling Bag" and let her hold it once or twice but definitely not three times! After she went home Dalton jumped in the tub...he was YUCKY dirty from all of the sand, potting soil, sun screen, ice cream sandwiches...the list goes on and on! Then a little TV time (CAT machines DVD), a little brush your teeth time, a little read some stories time, a little snuggle and then night night time! And I am so thankful that we are both back in our own beds tonight! Amen!



No comments:
Post a Comment