Monday, April 5, 2010

easter family fun

Happy Easter everybunny!  This year was really fun with Dalton since he is able to participate more and more in holiday traditions!  On Dalton's very first Easter the Easter Bunny brought him the board book version of  Peter Cottontail and we have read it many many many times over the past couple of weeks.  SO much so that Dalton is now able to sing parts of the song on his own...especially the part about the easter bunny leaving chocolate bunnies everywhere!  I must admit it's pretty sweet to hear his little voice singing about Peter Cottontail hoppin' down the bunny trail...he also really likes his wheelbarrow...surprise surprise!

Looks like the easter bunny had a full wheelbarrow when he arrived at our house!

I love this early morning look...we celebrated easter about 6:45am! 

Dalton found a yellow egg hiding in the sidewalk chalk basket!  Good thinking easter bunny it was pretty much camoflauged!

Dalton found one of the chocolate bunnies...luckily it was wrapped in plastic! 

YAY!  Two eggs and a chocolate bunny...YIPPEE!

The collection of eggs and chocolate bunnies...from easter egg hunt ROUND ONE!

Dalton's Aunt Dawn and Uncle Todd were kind enough to host our large group at their house...thank you thank you thank you!  We had great food and fun and fantabulous weather!  Dalton played in their big sand box and rode his John Deere tractor around forever that Uncle Todd was kind enough to fix for him...apparently someone a.k.a. Dalton had been pouring sand in the gear shifter and everywhere else he could find a spot and got it all messed up!  It's all better now and Uncle Todd is the hero again this week:)  Their was also the big easter egg hunt with the $5 money egg, kite flying, dessert tasting and great conversation with great family!
Dalton's Grandma Beverly has made this super cute bunny cake two years in a row...last year it got dropped before we got a picture of it so I made sure I snapped one this year!  SO CUTE and yummy too!

Daddy is the official egg hunt helper...

I think his Great Aunt Barb helped him find these two...and I think the egg hunt helper a.k.a. daddy has his easter bucket!

You just never know where you will find an easter egg...this one was under a pink cadillac!  We thought he was being funny but he got his head stuck somehow...sorry Dalton!

Dalton's oldest cousin flying a kite...we officially decided she is growing up way too fast on Sunday!  She is such a sweet and beautiful young lady!

And this is Dalton's youngest cousin...she had her own easter egg hunt but she was more interested in the grass than the plastic eggs!  This big girl will be a one year old as of tomorrow...Happy Birthday!

Mommy and Daddy...we didn't even try to get a picture with Dalton!  I hope one day he will be a willing participant in pictures again...I miss taking pictures of his sweet face!  I have lots of the back of his head...the side of his head but not too many of his sweet face!

2 comments:

  1. I love that he's wearing jammies while egg hunting! But, was it Santa or the Easter Bunny who visited that sweet little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I know...but it was the easter bunny! Rumor has it he got a really great deal on that Little People stuff! And I hear that he frequents the dollar store too!

    ReplyDelete