Saturday, March 6, 2010

what happend to my itty bitty baby boy...6lbs 8oz 19.5inches long?!? he's now 36lbs 36 inches long all in a matter of 3 years!

For whatever reason I came to a realization this weekend...Dalton isn't a baby anymore!  In a lot of ways it seems like it was just yesterday that the picture below was being taken and in others it seems like forever ago but today it seems just like yesterday and their are times believe it or not I wish we were back there!  Not the sleepless nights, not the I don't know what the heck I am doing feelings, not the craziness of it all but everything else...there is SOOO much I don't remember because I was SOOO caught up in the details that I missed the big picture and that was my itty bitty baby boy growing up!  This mommy realizes that he is ONLY 3 years old and there is plenty of time left for him to grow up...it's just that every once in awhile we get that little reminder that we only have them to ourselves for such a short while and that happend to me this weekend!  As I was shopping for him something to wear for Easter this year...because it is right around the corner...I kept looking at the 3T-4T clothes that I was purchasing that I thought were HUGE thinking there's no way Dalton can wear these and then sure enough they do!  So tonight as my hubby is off making us more money so this mommy can do more shopping...vicious cycle I know...I have been trying to find Easter pictures from the past couple of years and I could only come across the first one and then a picture of his outfit for this year...probably the last year for matching socks too...darn it!
Just shortly after he was born...taken with daddy's phone so not the best quality but I LOVE IT!    And I LOVE HIM...both of them...daddy and Dalton!

Dalton's first Easter...matching socks...ha ha! 

This years Easter clothes...super cute chambray roll-up pants (baby gap...consignment steal $6), white button down shirt (old navy...have had so long don't remember what I paid for it), red sweater vest (children's place...left over from Christmas outfit) and SUPER CUTE baseball tie and matching baseball socks (childrens place...got both for under $10)! 
The point is that I only spent $16...not bad for this shopaholic mommy!  Still need shoes...any idea?!?  Stride Rite is having their buy one get one right now and believe me he needs some new shoes...those Buzz Lightyear ones don't work with every outfit like Dalton thinks they do!

2 comments:

  1. I read all of this thinking, "Yup, crazy how fast they grow" until I got to the stride rite buy one get one sale part! seriously, buy one get one free? Looks like I might have to run to Fargo to grab some shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. correction...buy one get one half off...SORRY!

    ReplyDelete