Thursday, March 25, 2010

must post valentine's day before easter

We had a busy Valentine's Day week and weekend! 

Dalton had a Valentine's Day Party at MDO and I captured a few photos...they had a variety of snacks and then a craft!  They each got a party hat and got to decorate it with valentine themed stickers, etc.  And then when they were done they were invited to fill it full of candy! FUN:)

This ended up being the boys table...it was funny how there ended up being a boys and girls table...I think they each had one of the other gender but that was about it!  Dalton's hat turned out FANTASTIC of course! 

 The girls table...busy making their valentine's day party hats a.k.a. candy holder!

 The boys could sit no longer...they escaped to what they called their rocket ship!
 And the friend coming up the slide was their rocket ship princess...I agree that every rocket ship needs a beautiful princess!

Just some of the yummy treats and valentine cards he got from his MDO pals!
Friday night Dalton had two of his three cousins spend the night...his first official slumber party...he had been asking to have one for quite some time.  And daddy was out of town Friday night and Saturday so mommy tackled it on her own!  Plus it gave his cousins mom and dad and opportunity to have an early Valentine's Day dinner/date!  Dalton and Emily played until we had to pick up Madison from dance practice and then headed to Cici's Pizza for dinner...what was I thinking!  Cici's was crazy I can't wait to experience Incredible Pizza some day hopefully not soon!  After dinner we headed home took a BIG TUB and got everyone squeaky clean and watched a movie...I think it was Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs but my memory is fading since it was almost a month ago.  After several adjustments to the sleeping arrangement...we made a HUGE bed on the floor in Dalton's room and Madison read stories...well she tried Dalton wasn't a very good listener...he was wound up just a LITTLE! 
The storm before the calm...
Madison trying to read bedtime stories, Emily trying to listen and Dalton was just being plain obnoxious! 
I think we were all finally asleep around 11pm and Madison ended up sleeping in my room...the little people were too restless and noisey for her to go to sleep!  They actually slept until about 8am and then we hit Krispy Creme drive thru for YUMMY donuts and more movie watching at home.  Madison left earlier than Emily because she had more dance practice and once they were both gone...clean up began!  Luckily Dalton's Uncle Kevin & Aunt Joanna stopped by with his third cousin and took him for about an hour to go feed the ducks and hang out at their house so I could get a jump start on the house...thank you soooo much!  When I picked Dalton up I was having a headache and by the time we got home I was sick sick sick...and have no idea where it came from.  Luck was on my side again because daddy got back in town right after we got home...I spent the rest of the evening and most of the next day in bed feeling horrible with flu like symptoms.  Daddy did a great job taking care of Dalton and me while I was sick...I have not been sick like that since before Dalton was born...NO FUN!

Mommy insisted that we celebrate Valentine's Day the next morning and gave my valentines there cards, candy and stuffed frogs!  Sometimes they are frogs but most of the time they are quite the prince charmings.  They spoiled me with a dozen pink roses, a BIG balloon that played music, candy and a stuffed animal...that of course Dalton asked if he could have.  The roses unfortunately didn't last very long so my prince charming called the florist and this princess received another dozen pink roses the following Monday!  YIPPEE!
Dozen roses #1...they smelled amazing!  But they didn't last but about two days:(

Dozen roses #2...they smelled just as good and lasted a week or so:)

No comments:

Post a Comment