Tuesday, March 2, 2010

just another manic monday

This past Monday Dalton asked if we could go to the pet store...we have been a couple of times!  He had watched "G Force" over the weekend...he already had a fondness for guinea pigs due to the Wonder Pets...he's a Linny fan!  And over the weekend he told me he wanted one of those pets that talked...guinea pigs!  I tried to tell him that they only talk in the movies...not sure he believes me or not!  Either way we made a trip to the pet store...this mommy is not a fan of any pet that is not a dog!  And terrified of mice so absolutely no hamsters, gerbils or guinea pigs in this kids future...sorry!  Oh and they also had FANCY RATS...what the heck is a fancy rat anyway?!?!?  GROSS!  Of course the guinea pigs were in their little house so I asked someone if we could get one out and of course they did.  And Dalton wanted to hold it so I had to buck up and help him...YUCK!  The little guy was pretty cute and the lady showed Dalton how to hold him tight up close so he would settle down and he did and I helped him...the poor guinea pig was getting skinnier and skinnier...Dalton was holding a little too tight!  Dalton was pretty excited that he got to hold her and then we moved on and checked out all the fish and birds and all the toys that go with them!  We need to go back on a Saturday when they have the cats and dogs for adoption...I am afraid I will come home with one:)  I am not sure we are ready for a dog!

After the pet store adventure I had a few items I needed to pick up for a dinner that we were going to later that evening and Aldi was down the street so I decided to give it a try!  Many a friend had told me what great deals could be found and WOW...they were right...I got the following for $12.93 and there is no toy aisle...YIPPEE!
  • loaf of bread
  • mushrooms
  • cucumbers
  • lettuce
  • grape tomatoes
  • big bag of potato chips
  • 8oz chunk cheese
  • ranch dressing
And I must nominate my husband for husband of they year...the dinner we went to had been planned and rescheduled once and I was under the impression that it was for husbands, wives and children.  Well we show up to my college friends house and find out differently...don't know where I missed that but apparently I did!  But he was a trooper and stayed and hopefully had a good time I know me and my college friends did and I know the kids did...they were HUGE FANS of Toy Story 2 also...they had Jessie, Buzz, Woody and luckily Dalton had Bullseye in his backpack!  Dalton woke up this morning and asked when we were going to his friends house...uhm not today we are going to MDO!  We hope to get together again soon...we lost Mater from CARS in the big toy chest at their house so when they find it we will get together again!  They traded us for a motorcycle until next time!  But I must also tell you that on the way home he had an enormous meltdown maybe one of the biggest EVER!  He kicked, screamed and cried all but about the last 5 minutes of the 20 minute ride home...WOW!  And I am pretty sure he would have screamed the whole way if we hadn't gotten stopped by a train...and of course being the train lover that he is it was a nice pattern interupt for him!  As well as ran around their front yard from us because he didn't want to get in the car...he has NEVER done that before!  I suppose there is a first time for everything...but it was worth it for good food, good conversation...a good night! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the Blog. You are doing a good job of keeping it up to date. Wanda

    ReplyDelete