Monday, February 8, 2010

so what did we do today

Other than the obvious like...change diapers, fill sippy cups, wash towels, put away clean laundry, empty dishwasher, fill dishwasher, take out the trash, etc.

Well...let's see this mommy got her wake up call around 7:45am!  Not bad we have definitely had much earlier wake up calls by Dalton!  Check the weather and it's raining and cold and then not 15 minutes later it begins snowing rather large and beautiful snowflakes!  Dalton thinks it's pretty cool...this mommy just knows we will be inside most of the day so I better get my thinking cap on for some entertainment!  He has already informed me that he will be staying awake for his nap time today...one of the first things he told me when he woke up this morning...not exactly what I want to hear!  

The snowflakes were huge...really pretty!

Bye bye daddy...have a good day! 
 Dalton pretty much watches his daddy drive away everyday from the front window and daddy flashes his lights at Dalton!  That boy loves his daddy and doesn't always understand why daddy has to go to work and he can't stay home and play!

Once we got daddy out of the house he headed to the post office to drop off Dalton's 3rd birthday invitations and then on to work!  Now we were safe to start crafting our valentines...mommy is making daddy a homemade valentine card this year!  And Dalton made some for his teachers and his Grandma's...he was ready to use some glue!   We have a stack of pictures that Dalton painted during the last snow storm so we put those to good use...I cut hearts (big, medium and small)!  And then we got out the valentine stickers, etc. and Dalton went to town on the first couple and then the last couple not so much!  It doesn't take long for the boy to lose interest...probably why mommy is exhausted at the end of the day!  He moved on to a movie while I finished Daddy's Valentine and I am quite pleased with the finished product!  While Dalton was still interested in his movie I jumped in the shower and got presentable for the day!  Dalton likes to check on me when I am getting ready and today was no different...other than the fact that he wanted to wash his hands while I was putting my make-up on!  Well I told him to be careful because if he gets the soap in his eyes it will burn...it's not like the soap in his bathroom...well as usual he learned that lesson the hard way!  I walked away for a second and then the crying began...he had gotten soap in his eyes.  And then he starts rubbing them because they are burning and his hands are soapy...UGH...the vicious cycle!  That was not the prettiest moment of our day...luckily the burning didn't last too long!
There is nothing better than a homemade valentine's day card...now when Dalton sees a heart he calls it a valentine! 

We ate a quick lunch and then on to our cooking project...rice krispie treats!  I also saw this in a magazine so I thought I would try it...heart shaped rice krispie treats!  Dalton really gets excited about helping in the kitchen so we pulled his stool in and got to pouring and mixing and melting and eating!  It had been a long time since Dalton tried rice krispie cereal so I put some in a bowl with some milk and he got the biggest kick out of hearing them "talk"!  Snap Crackle Pop:)  And after the treats set up we used a heart shaped cookie cutter and you guessed it heart shaped rice krispie treats!


I think they will be a BIG HIT with the little guys...apparently Dalton was ready for his:)  I went to take a picture of it and Dalton got busted trying to swipe it...Swiper No swiping!

Also, during our cooking activity I had called my mom to ask her a question about the recipe and Dalton decided right then he needed to talk to his Grandma on the phone and everyone else he knew! So we made several phone calls (grandma Beverly bless her heart several times, pa, cousin Emily, daddy and he wanted to call grandma Wanda but she was at work)!  He decided that he needed to see his grandma Beverly today so we planned to make a trip over later in the afternoon.

After cooking I had suggested that we do some reading and snuggle time since we are no longer napping...well Dalton thought our time would be much better spent playing in the bean table so that's what we did!  And we also played dress up and busted out his new (Grandam Beverly got in on super clearance and I have been saving it for a rainy/snowy day) super ninja (in his mind a ninja saves his pet animals...kind of like the wonder pets) and he ran around the house rescuing small animals from uncertain outcomes!  Then we headed out in the cold to see Grandma Beverly and played there for a short while and made it home just in time to cook dinner, wrestle with daddy, watch Sesame Street, take a BIG bubble bath, watch part of Chicken Little, brush teeth, read too many books but I love to read him books and put PJ's on and go to bed!  Dalton gets to go to bed that is...mommy is blogging because that's what I do so that I never forget these days with my little guy because before I know it he will have no desire to spend the day making valentines with me, making sticky treats in the kitchen or snuggling up and reading books with his mommy! 

And when that day comes I will miss all of these days that today I find so exhausting!  But will I miss cleaning up a mess like the one below...NO WAY!  This mommy has got to get busy cleaning up this mess so I can sleep easy tonight knowing that we have a blank slate to start with in the morning!


And yes that is his bean table right in the middle of our living room floor!  Luckily it has wheels so when he's not playing with it we can roll it out of the way!

Oh...one more thing!  This little guy is always thinking...you may remember from an earlier post how Dalton made an attachment for his 4-wheeler...a trailer!  Well, a couple of days ago he made a snow plow attachment...totally his idea he just needed help with the getting it to stay on part!  His Uncle Todd has a snow plow attachment and apparently now Dalton does too!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment