Today was our annual visit to the Orr Family Farm...it was supposed to include several cousins and some aunts, uncles and a grandpa too but...one had H1N1, one was hunting, one had a well baby doctor appt. and there was this thing called "OU/TEXAS" weekend that kept most of the people away!
But not us...we say GO POKES...we love those OSU Cowboys! And we especially loved how the farm wasn't too busy due to the above mentioned activity! So the annual visit included Dalton, mommy, daddy, grandma Wanda and grandma Beverly!
There is lots to see and do at the farm...where to start! Definitely not the carousel...Dalton didn't like the one we rode at the zoo last time so he said, "No thanks maybe next time!" which really means "NO WAY MAN!" So we bring him all of the way to the farm and what does he want to do...
Yes this is what he wanted to do...climb in and drive what I think was supposed to be a semi-truck! Luckily he's not into wanting it too move so that didn't cost a dime! But really we come this far and this is what he wants to ride?!?!?
Then he spotted the playground and off we go...the slides were a favorite today!
woosh!
We saw the hay ride to the pumpkin patch approaching so we headed that way to fetch our pumpkin! Dalton was more excited about the tractor pulling us then the pumpkin!
John Deere Tractor hay ride...lots of fun!
Cheesing and snuggling with daddy and grandma Wanda...brrrr it was still pretty cold this morning!
Dalton looking up at his daddy....ahhhhh!
The pumpkin patch...not as impressive as I remembered it being...maybe I was there earlier in the season last time! We couldn't go too far back in the patch because they had caught a skunk earlier...and there was still a bit of an aroma in the air...yuck!
But after all that's what you can expect when you are on a real working farm!
Here's the one Dalton wants!
Dalton screaming NOOOO...he didn't want his picture taken! I think he is going through a stage of some sort about the picture thing!
The pony rides...some may remember that Dalton got to ride a pony this past summer while we were visiting relatives in Missouri! And he loved it and still talks about Applejack (the pony he rode) and of course he was pretty sure that the pony he rode today was Applejack too! Sooo glad daddy was there this time since he wasn't able to be there in Missouri to see his little face light up...he really LIKES IT!
Getting warmed up with daddy's help!
I ride by myself...with a BIG smile on my face!
What a big boy on a little bitty horse! He liked it SOOO much he rode it two times in a row!
More play time in the wooden train! He was surprising grandma Beverly through the window...those of you who know Dalton know that he still loves to play the SURPRISE game...the toddler version of peek-a-boo!
SUPRISE!
Dalton is trying to talk grandma into getting in the caboose with him...he already asked mommy and I told him that I was TOO BIG! That's his new thing if one adult tells him no he just moves on until he finds one that says yes!
Okay...he is realizing he is the only little guy on this adventure...probably missing his cousins about now who would be happy to play with him on the train!
The real train...choo choo! Dalton didn't ride the train last year but this year you betcha...he was still worried about it being loud but luckily this train had a bell and not a whistle! It took us for a ride all over the property which includes a pretty big fishing pond where we saw some folks fishing, some ducks swimming and several turtles peeking their heads out of the water!
Daddy and Dalton checking out the choo choo train!
Dalton hanging out with the grandmas...and yes he is yelling NO if I recall he didn't want me taking his picture...imagine that!
And yes mommy and daddy had fun at the Orr Family Farm too!
There was also an animal barn there that we visited but I held Dalton the majority of the time...I think my mom got some pictures so I will get those and post them! We saw the BIGGGEST pot belly pig I have ever seen...not that I have seen very many today! And the sad thing is that I remember seeing him last year and he was laying in the same exact spot...I am wondering if he has even moved a muscle since last year...ha ha:)



You got some cute pics!! I love the hayride ones and the "Nooo!" one :) I have one of Carter like that last year at a museum in DC and love it! Glad you guys had a fun day out while I watched football!!
ReplyDelete