This is one of Dalton's new favorite phrases "mommy I stay awake"! And today was one of those days...he/we tried to take a nap and for about an hour I listened to him ask "mommy where are you?" and say "mommy I'm sad!" but no tears...unless there are tears my rule is let him be for as long as I can tolerate and today that was about an hour! He now sleeps with SO MANY stuffed animals and blankets that I find it hard to keep track so they keep him pretty busy...he has some funny conversations with them! Most days I wish my monitor was a little more clear so I could understand all that he says...it is quite entertaining!
We were pretty busy today and I got a few pics and thought I would blog about them. We started the day taking a trip with daddy to Dalton's MDO program to get his picture taken...his first school pictures...ahhh! He did great and hopefully the pictures will be cute too! And of course he wanted to stay today...the day he's not supposed to go and he actually won't go at all this week due to Fall Break! We did stop by and say hi to his teachers and show daddy his room and saw his Aunt Dawn for a few minutes while we were waiting for pictures!
Dalton spent the morning with my mom and my niece who is 6 months old on Tuesday and today he spotted this baby bottle and just had to have some milk and wanted daddy to rock him...and eventually feed him! SOOO FUNNY!
CHEESE!
Feed me daddy!
And since we didn't stay down for our nap we decided to get creative...indoor bowling! This cute bowling set was given to Dalton by his Aunt Cindy for Christmas last year and today it was a HUGE HIT! The yellow duct tape were the lanes and Dalton made up the rest of the rules as he went along! He kept saying he was having SO MUCH FUN! And yes he is wearing his PJ's he has started wanting to wear them at nap time...I am thinking it is one more way for him to procrastinate about going to bed! I could be wrong but probably not!
A look down the bowling lane...
Just love that sweet face...and the bowling ball that moos when you roll it is pretty cute too! He also told daddy that they weren't pins they were milk bottles and that they were chocolate and white milk! Such a smarty pants!
Almost got them all!
Last week at MDO the local firefighters came to talk to the kids about fire safety and let them check out the truck! And of course Dalton already loved fire trucks but he is officially obsessed and since then we have watched his Elmo Visits the Firestation DVD more than just a few times! And practiced "stay low and go" more times than I like to count. Then today he even dressed the part and took me outside to see his fire truck...his imagination has really taken off lately! He took me to daddy's white pick up truck and showed me the wheels and asked me if I wanted to get in and go for a ride...I finally talked him into pretending his tractor was a fire truck or as he called it a fire truck tractor. He got so angry with me when I started taking his picture so I only got a few...I'm sure it wasn't because it was 4:30pm and he had been up since 7am and had not had a nap! Surely NOT!
Dalton driving his fire truck tractor on the way to the backyard to put out some fires or mow the grass whatever he decides to do first!
Dalton giving mommy the hand gesture and saying "stop taking pictures NOW!"
Mowing the backyard!



No comments:
Post a Comment