Friday, October 2, 2009

just more random information about dalton

Some more of the recent garage sale finds...and Dalton enjoying all of them! 


$10 table for two still in box...the chairs will also work with his little tikes table inside that only came with two chairs and then they give you the option to buy two additional chairs...NO THANKS!


$4 basketball goal in really good condition...pretty good shot for a 2.5 year old!

I am not sure if I posted about the honeymoom phase of Mother's Day Out being over or not but the past 3 weeks this mommy has had  to leave a VERY SAD little boy behind!  At first he cried about 5 minutes, then the next week it was 30 minutes and this past week about 10 minutes but it was the hardest one for me by far!  It started out by Dalton telling me over and over again that he was just going to stay home today...not a good sign!  But he was fine in the hall waiting for the door to open and then when it did it was UGLY...just like at the doctors office UGLY!  He was clinging to me and SCREAMING one of his VERY NICE teachers had to peel him off of me as I am losing it walking out the door...not that Dalton noticed he was definitely in his own little world!  The other VERY NICE teacher walked out in the hall with me to check on me and reassure me that Dalton was fine!  And I know he is it is just hard to leave your one and only like that!  I got a text from my sister before I even got home that one of his teachers came to tell her to call me and tell me that he was fine!  So then I could breathe again and get on with my morning...mommy got lots of cooking done for the upcoming week and stuck in the freezer to make my life a little bit easier.  And mommy got a short visit from her friend Katie and her kidos so that mommy could give Luke his birthday present...he turned one this week! 

Dalton is now SWINGING again...thanks to MDO...we put it down super low and he can get on and off all by himself and he loves it and wanted mommy and daddy to push him all night long!  SO EXCITED that he is swinging again!

Male bonding time with Daddy...ever since Dalton was tiny they have spent time on the hammock together!  I am wondering if he could pull the hat any further down on his face...he was refusing to let me help him with it...imagine that!



Tickly toes...he loves to be barefoot out on the grass he says it tickles his toes...so sweet!

Today Dalton and mommy joined his Aunt and two cousins for their walk-a-thon at school!  First we walked with his kindergarten cousin and he wasn't that enthusiastic and then we walked with his 5th grade cousin and he ran and ran and ran some more...like 2.5 laps and that's like 1/2 mile!  We also got to visit their classrooms and have lunch at Sonic with them...what a fun morning!

Dalton sprinting down the track and his cousin asking me if I want to run with him...she was getting a bit tired and Dalton wasn't!

Taking a break...right in the middle of the track!

He hasn't run out of energy yet...luckily his other cousin was there ready to run! 

Dalton has lots of adventures coming up...Day Out With Thomas (the tank engine), and The Orr Family Farm and a visit from his Grandma Wanda in the coming weeks...I am sure there will be lots to post about!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry MDO drop-off has been rough. It is a killer to leave them screaming--Carter did it the first 2 weeks of school this year, and this is his 3rd year to be going to something. At least you know it doesn't last and you're not leaving him somewhere sad or anything! I started telling Carter, "When I drop you off, mommy is leaving whether you have a fit or not." I hope it gets easier--just think of all the time you'll have to spend with him because of the meals you have premade!!

    ReplyDelete