Friday, September 4, 2009

mommy knew the day would come

Being a stay at home mommy has been both rewarding and challenging at the same time!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE staying home and would want it no other way but there are days when I would also LOVE LOVE LOVE to have more than one 2-3 hour stretch a day to myself other than when I am sleeping!  Which is why I have been looking forward to Mother's Day Out for so long and believe me I am sure that Dalton LOVES LOVES LOVES me too but if I had to guess he is ready for a break from me too! 
So Thursday was the big day...and it was FANTASTIC...oh wait that was Wednesday...okay how about SUPER DUPER!?!?!?  That is a great way to describe it...Thursday was SUPER DUPER!  The day went like this...wake up earlier than usual and get ready, then Dalton gets up and eats his big boy breakfast that we talked about the night before...it's one of his favorites "scrambled eggs with cheese and ham" with milk to go with it!  Mommy finished packing his yummy and tasty too school lunch (PBJ, goldfish, banana, fruit chews and ice water) while Dalton finished breakfast and then moved on to packing his backpack!  Mommy gets Dalton dressed and attempted to take some pictures...that didn't go so well!  We are out the door early for two reasons...one so we won't be rushed and two for a quick detour to see one of his favorite things...clocks!  I don't think that I have posted about his fondness of clocks yet but he definitely has one...everywhere we go he spots them BIG or small inside or outside that boy finds them!  The first one he ever found can be spotted from his school and it is on the campus of UCO and sits at the top of Old North!  Go Bronchos!  So we drove through the parking lot to let him take a look at it before his first day of big kid school! 
Dalton not wanting to stand up for a first day of MDO picture!
Apparently the zipper on his lunch box is much more interesting then saying cheese for mommy!
We head into school Dalton holding his lunch bag and mommy holding his backpack...he seems more confident than I had expected...YEAH for Dalton Thomas!  We are a little early and so are several others and the hall is starting to get congested...and about the time Dalton is starting to get uneasy the door opens...thank goodness!  We walk in and I show Dalton his cubby...his very first cubby with his name on it and we put his backpack in the cubby and put his lunch box on the top shelf!  Then Dalton is off to the trucks to play...there are several kidos crying already and I am starting to get nervous wondering if Dalton is going to be okay and then he looks at me and says "bye bye momma...love you" and I simply say I will see you after lunch and your rest time I love you too...SO PROUD OF HIM!  I told the teachers I was leaving while he was still okay and I didn't look back and I was fine no tears...then I see my sister and we both are a bit weepy!  These past 2.5 years have gone by so fast...I was crying mainly because I am SO PROUD of him...he has come a long way in the past 6 months with his seperation anxiety!  HE IS A BIG BOY!  I got myself together and headed to Sonic for a much deserved LARGE vanilla diet coke and picked up a cherry limeade for my mom and headed to her house for a quick visit!  She is watching my niece who is 5 months old and so I loved on her for a little bit while I was there and that made me a litte weepy too!  I guess it just reminded me how not long ago Dalton was that tiny and they do grow SO FAST...it is so true!  And then I headed home to tackle the folding and putting away of more laundry than should be allowed in one day as well as a bunch of dishes!  I kept looking at the clock and being amazed about how much time was left before I picked him up!  I think this momma is going to love Thursdays...lots of little projects that I would like to tackle without my little helper!  I stopped on the way to pick him up and got yummy decorated sugar cookies for his teachers and Dalton too!  This day deserved a celebration for everyone...did I mention that my sister called me after lunch and told me that she had spoke with one of his teachers and they said he was doing great!  Come to find out the only tears that were shed were when it was time to go inside from playing outside!  Not surprised about that one and I wasn't surprised either when they mentioned they had to move his nap mat away from the other children because he was humming!  Their nap time is about 1.5 hours earlier than his nap time so I am surprised that he slept for them at all!  There was another mom in front of me at the door to the classroom but Dalton and I spotted each other and gave a BIG WAVE he was SO EXCITED!  He came running to the door and then Ms. Tracey softly reminded him that he needed to pick one toy to pick up and then he could go and sure enough he did it!  I tried to take some pictures in front of his classroom after school but they didn't turn out so well either...oh-well!  In the car he told me about how he got sad on the playground about having to go inside and later told me they moved his mat!  I also caught him singing Itsy Bitsy Spider several times one of which being on his monitor when he went to bed...melt my heart!  It was listed as one of the songs they sang that day:)  They are such little sponges at this age and I am glad that he is soaking up all the good stuff that we can possibly give him! 
After his first big day!
When we got home we sat on the back patio and had our cookies and talked some more about his day!  And then he was more than ready to jump on his John Deere Tractor and ride around and around the back yard!  But not for long we had a cookout at Daddy's school...the College of Business at OC!  Mommy took her camera along and caught a few shots...Daddy got Dalton his first OC t-shirt today and he was very excited to wear it!  Also, while they were busy giving away door prizes Mommy and Dalton went on a walk and Dalton found some ledges he could jump off that Mommy approved of and he was just having fun jumping on and off and on and off again!  And then the clapping for the door prizes started and Dalton thought that every time the people clapped they were clapping for him when he jumped off...it was SO FUNNY AND CUTE TOO!  And then if he jumped and there wasn't clapping he would say "they didn't clap?!?"  How awesome it must be to be two and a half years old and your only worry be if a crowd of people are clapping for you when you jump!  What a great ending to such a super duper day!
Yummy Elmo cookie and lots of messy icing!  Yeah for Dalton for having a great day!
Another one of Dalton's favorite clocks on OC campus...Dalton and  Daddy are at the bottom of the clock...they look very tiny!
A better picture of Daddy and Dalton in their OC shirts!  Go Eagles!
Trying out the stairs...we made several trips up and down! 
Daddy's picture in the OC library...they featured several professors and their favorite books!  Daddy LOVES to read and has lots of favorite books he is quite the book worm and we hope that Dalton is the same way!   

No comments:

Post a Comment