Thursday, September 10, 2009

just having fun outside

Well, for those of you counting like me...today was Dalton's second day of MDO and once again he made me proud!  He couldn't wait for the door to open to go in, we saw his Aunt Dawn in the hall and got a high five and he didn't even have time to help put up his backpack and lunch because he was off to play!  He wanted to show me a few trucks that he likes to play with and so I did and then told him I loved him and would see him later alligator!  He followed with a bye bye and a hug and off I went...I worried and worried about Dalton starting MDO over the summer until we started going to our old/smaller congregation church!  I just know it has made all of the difference...getting him slowly used to being with new care givers and a small number of kidos!  It sure built of his confidence level for MDO...SO PROUD! 
The past couple of days he has been talking about how he will be sad when they have to go inside from playing outside and then of all things today was rainy so they played in the indoor gym.  So the first thing he told me about his day was that they didn't get to go outside...luckily I knew about the big gym and all of the fun ride on cars and climbing toys and balls, etc. that they have just for days like today!  One of the teachers told me that he was so great at riding on the tricycle...apparently theirs are more age appropriate because he can't reach the pedals on the one he has at home.  And that was the first thing he wanted to try when he got home and was a bit disappointed when he couldn't reach them to say the least!  Also, on the way to school Dalton kept asking me where the sun was...he could tell it was daylight but you couldn't see the sun because of the clouds.  SO MANY QUESTIONS these days...and so age appropriate!  And on the way in to MDO it was sprinkling and we talked about that!  And then on his MDO sheet in the comment section it reads  Dalton had a wonderful day!  We've decided that he is going to grow up to be a weather man!  Hopefully he was sharing all of the good information I shared with him on the way and not arguing with them about the sun being out and that it was okay to play on the playground when he was told that they were playing inside...not sure if I want to know!
We also stopped and I let Dalton pick out his very own cookie and he picked out a sugar cookie decorated like a lady bug...have I mentioned that when I asked him a couple of weeks ago what he wanted to dress up like for Halloween he said a lady bug!  Anyway we got a lady bug, a frog and an OSU one for daddy...he ended up wanting the frog and mommy got the lady bug!  That's what I figured would happen and it did...mommy's are so smart!  When we were eating our cookies I asked him to tell me about his painting from school and he told me it was "a boy with toes"! 
"boy with toes"
SO...we ate our cookies and played outside for a LONG TIME!  And I caught a few scenarios on my camera that I wanted to share.
Giving teddy bear a ride on the tractor just like his Uncle Todd gave him a ride on his tractor...that's what Dalton told me!  He was telling teddy bear all about the tractor!
Going round and round the tree...hold on teddy bear!
Dalton and teddy bear hauling his weed eater!
Anytime we go for a walk this fire hydrant gets an inspection from Dalton the firefighter inspection guy! 
We check out one side and then...
...the other side!
Dalton has spotted one of our neighbors on his skateboard...doing tricks!  That's what Dalton calls skateboard stunts! 
So much for the safety inspection he's off to see some "tricks"!  You can see our neighbor if you look real hard...but he looks pretty small!
Mommy and Dalton had a great day playing outside together after being away from each other most of the day...I just love the look on his face when I come to pick him up!  I am assuming it's the same one that daddy is lucky enough to get everyday when he returns home from work!  He is SO EXCITED to see just little old me...his mommy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment