JUST A LITTLE BACKGROUND!
ANNUAL ST. VINCENT DE PAUL SEMINARY PICNIC, Perryville, MO
"Where friends meet friends from everywhere," the Seminary Picnic has been a family tradition in Perry County for 109 years. The event is held the first full weekend in August at the Seminary Grove off T Road, 5 acre picnic grounds with 36 acres of parking. Events include a chicken and beef buffet style meal, Hand Crafted Quilt Bingo, Concessions, Rides, Antique Carousel and Live Entertainment. Sponsored by St. Vincent de Paul Parish. For information contact St. Vincent de Paul Parish Office 573-547-4591.
"Where friends meet friends from everywhere," the Seminary Picnic has been a family tradition in Perry County for 109 years. The event is held the first full weekend in August at the Seminary Grove off T Road, 5 acre picnic grounds with 36 acres of parking. Events include a chicken and beef buffet style meal, Hand Crafted Quilt Bingo, Concessions, Rides, Antique Carousel and Live Entertainment. Sponsored by St. Vincent de Paul Parish. For information contact St. Vincent de Paul Parish Office 573-547-4591.
As most of you know I was raised Catholic and my mother's side of the family is VERY CATHOLIC...catholic school and both grandparents worked at the seminary there in town! And the Seminary Picnic has been a part of many generations...my Grandma who is 83 was saying how it was the one time of year that she would get a new dress...so she would have something pretty to wear to the picnic! I am sad to say that Grandma was unable to join us this year because she is unable to walk that far...but other than that she is in pretty good health! I am also sad to say that I know that I went as a child a few times but I don't really remember...I hope that Dalton will and if not at least we have a few pictures. He surprised me again and had a ball...I think we were out until 10pm...that's really late for us! But he was having SO MUCH fun:) There wasn't a whole lot for his age group so we rode the same 3 rides over and over again and played the same 2 games over and over again...but again he loved it and I loved that he loved it!
Dalton and his cousin Emily riding the fun fun very old metal cars! My cousin who is in her twenties remembers riding these when she was little!
Close up shot...he just steered and steered and constantly checked out the wheels...he loved it!



No comments:
Post a Comment