Monday, June 15, 2009

woody, buzz and cars...oh my!

Earlier this morning I received a phone call from my sister asking if Dalton and I wanted to join her and her youngest for a trip to the mall! Sure why not...so we did and had the usual requests to ride on the carousel, the jeep and play as well as the usual not really wanting to look at anything that mommy or anybody else wants to look at! Typical 2 year old right?!?!?
And then we entered the Disney store...and it's not our first trip to the Disney store but today for the first time Dalton really recognized some of the characters. Toy Story must be making a comeback because they had a huge display and Dalton was very excited about Woody and Buzz they even had Bulls Eye (Woody's horse from Toy Story 2)! And then he spotted the just as BIG CARS display...and the $29.50 set of Lightning McQueen and his entourage that Dalton thought he had to have! I am still not sure how we made it out of there without spending a penny! Yes, people I did not spend a penny...at the Disney Store! However, I did spend a few pennies at Chick-fil-a for lunch, on the carousel and some much needed sandals for Dalton! But Dalton and I both used our will power and did not purchase anything from the Disney Store...I guess I should start saving now for our future trip to Disney World (several years down the road)...I will be such a sucker at the Magic Kingdom!

Yes, I bought Dalton a pair of "character" shoes...UGH! He has refused every other pair of sandals we have tried this summer...these are pretty cool since they light up when he walks! Thanks Payless Shoes...isn't it every parent's dream that their kido walk around from head to toe looking like a billboard for their favorite character...NOT REALLY!

1 comment:

  1. I must say that I'm not a fan of character clothing either but, Carson got his first pair of "light up" Lightning McQueen shoes about a year ago from Payless. He wore them OUT!

    ReplyDelete