The Thursday after Labor Day was Dalton's first day back to MDO...he's going two days a week just like last year! He is so big...the day before I asked him if mom's stayed at MDO or just kids and he said "just kids...I will be brave mom!" OHHHHHH....that melted my heart and boy was he ever brave! The night before we packed his Lightning McQueen backpack and lunch box and had his clothes sat out ready to go. And the next morning he woke up and had a special request breakfast of scrambled eggs with cheese and ham at his little table in the living room watching TV! And eventually we met our neighbors at the front desk at the MDO/Preschool...his friend Jonas who isn't quite two was having his first day too! We walked him to class and then headed upstairs where the BIG BOYS are and it was a little bit chaotic...lots more people in a smaller space making the hallway hot...it was making me queasy and Dalton had a different look on his face too! The door to his classroom came open shortly after we got there so luckily we didn't have to hang out too long. He remembered where to put his lunch box, his backpack and where to find his name and how to velcro it on the tree so they would know he was there! Then he headed to one of two tables set up to play and to his surprise they had a whole section of scissors (one of his favorite activities), paper and glue sticks. He was so impressed and sat right down and got busy and mommy was trying to keep it together...I was SO PROUD of him! Then another little boy started crying and I could see Dalton's face change a little bit so I knew my window for getting out without some hesitation was closing so I asked him if he was ready for mommy to go and he fumbled with his words a little bit and then said "yes momma" and reached for a hug...it took all I had not to cry! My neighbor was waiting for me outside his door and we both quickly exited the building...we ran in to my sister who is a teacher again this year at Dalton's school with her kids on the playground and bragged about our accomplishments!
No comments:
Post a Comment