Tuesday, February 1, 2011

snow day #1 complete

Well the storm moved in pretty much just like the news stations predicted.  And when we (me and the hubby) decided to finally figure out what was banging on our back porch last night about 3am because neither one of us could stay asleep...we were greeted by strong winds and lots of white stuff!  And the hubby was kind enough to walk out in it and grab the plastic container lid that kept flapping up and down and up and down...thank you hubby!  We barely got back to sleep...okay 3 hours when Dalton appeared at our bedroom door to report that it was snowing outside...oh my goodness it is going to be a very long day!  Mommy and Dalton get up and I turn Nick Jr. on for him and I head back to bed for another 45 minutes!  Our bedroom is all of 10 steps from where Dalton was watching TV and it felt more like 15 minutes and not 45 minutes when he came back in asking for chocolate milk or something! 

It was too cold and windy to get out and get too many pictures this is one I got on the south side of our house from a window!  I think we got around 10 inches and the winds were gusting up to 50mph...so I guess this is Dalton's second snow blizzard in his short almost 4 years!  We didn't get this much snow when I was a kid growing up in Oklahoma that's for sure!  We will get out and play some tomorrow when at least the snow is not falling and it is just bitterly cold!

Our first snow day request was chocolate donuts...but no trips to the donut shop for us!  So we settled for chocolate cupcakes, chocolate frosting and sprinkles!  Always a little baking to be done on a snow day...I offered them to the neighbor but he hasn't made his way over yet...I don't understand why?!?!?  There are only 3-4 foot snow drifts blocking the way!  He actually had to go into work and then got let loose later in the day...I figured the least we could do is offer the man a cupcake!

They were pretty yummy! 



And later in the morning I was on Facebook and saw a college friend of mine who had brought snow inside in a plastic container for her little girl who was too sick to go outside!  Light bulb moment...so I had daddy and Dalton clean out our indoor sand/water table and we loaded it up with snow...stuck some gloves on and had some fun in the snow in our warm cozy house!  That's the kind of snow this mommy likes to play in...but I bet we will be out in the real deal tomorrow!

I must say he was pretty impressed!

Daddy had found a snow plow construction set several months ago and had been waiting for a good time to bring it out and today was perfect.  We added it to the snow plows he got for Christmas and he had quite a crew moving that snow around.

Working on some snowball skills...

Our sweet Frosty the snowman...built with Mr. Potato head pieces!  We had to move him outside on the back porch because he was beginning to melt:)

We also played super hero guys, Toy Story memory, watched TV, marbles, legos, etc.  And we were lucky that we didn't have to get out in the mess today and that all of our families were safe and sound at home!  I have a couple of more crafts for tomorrow and hopefully some fun snow adventures to report on so stay tuned!  

No comments:

Post a Comment