Two fantastic things happend today...and obviously one is WAY more important the other but I am excited about them both!
Today was the last day of Dalton's first year at MDO...we survived and he thrived! So proud of him and his ability to overcome his fear of being without mommy and being able to enjoy himself with his friends and teachers...Ms. Tracey, Ms. Cheryle and Ms. Jeannette! They were each special to him in different ways and he talks about all three of them and several of the other kids in his class...we hope to stay in touch with them over the summer and look forward to seeing them in the fall when Dalton goes from being a busy bear to a gummy bear! YIPPEE! They ended the year just right with a water day on Thursday...sprinklers and fishing is all I could get out of him...he got to wear his swim trunks and swim shirt and buzz lightyear sandals to school! He was very excited...they got to watch a movie on Tuesday with popcorn and everything...he kept talking about a BIG screen where they watched the movie! He was totally impressed:)
Dalton's last day of MDO...SO BIG! Just 8.5 months later:)
Also, I checked my e-mail last night and discovered that our friends at Redrock Landscape were headed to our house the following day! Another YIPPEE! I know it sounds silly but I am SO EXCITED...I spend SO MUCH time outside now that it's only right that I have a beautiful landscape to look at...right?!?!? And luckily I have a hubby who understands this excitement...thank you thank you for working so hard so we can make our house feel more like a home...the home we are raising our son in, the home we are making memories in...thank you! I felt a little bit guilty all day because Dalton has been looking forward to them coming for awhile...he still remembers the concrete mixers, planting trees, etc. from last spring! And about 10 minutes after he left for MDO this morning a BIG dump truck arrived and dropped off a HUGE pile of dirt...No FaIr! But lucky for Dalton there was plenty for him to get into when he returned...
the pile of red clay that the guys dug out of the flower beds...they are coming back tomorrow to make it a bit smaller...mommy and daddy hope and Dalton hopes it stays just like it is!
The redrock guys loaded it up and Dalton reloaded it and was ready to put it right back where they had just removed it from...silly boy!
On his way to the front yard with another load of dirt!
And now for the pictures...just to recap we did the concrete work and pergola last spring aka phase #1 and this spring phase #2 greenscape! The backyard had nothing and the flower bed in the front had stuff but it was all wrong...so here goes! Enjoy...I know I will!
THE FRONT YARD FLOWER BED...before!
Luckily we were able to use ALL of the existing plants and shrubs...just in different locations!
The NEW AND IMPROVED front flower bed...YAY!
More photos of the new flower bed...
Dalton wondering why I am taking picures of the flower bed...straight out of the bath and squeaky clean...just the way I like him best..earlier he was covered in mud!
He decided he should take some pictures too...now that's funny! He actually got a couple of good ones!
The BRAND NEW front flower bed and new irrigation system...hopefully no more ducks swimming in the flower beds anymore! Keep your fingers crossed!
The backyard...even more landscaping...YIPPEE! I still can't believe three guys got this all done in one day...9 hours!
Just love it....
more to love...
kind of hard to see but even more to enjoy!



No comments:
Post a Comment